Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just When You Thought I Went Quietly into The Night !

Hi Friends:
Well I haven't ! In fact, I've been toiling away since July 1st moving in, cleaning out, setting up, and re-connecting - E V E R Y T H I N G ! ! ! Just when you think it's all over I'm right back at yah babe ! I've spent the month of August teaching myself how to use heavy special effect video manipulation software ! Yes, my friends (Do I still have any of those ?), I have been exploring the exciting expanses of the entertainment industry's renown Adobe After Effects. Think Photo Shop on massive doses of steroids and you'll come close to understanding the complexity and potential of such a program. You know all those flying 3D title animation sequences you are used to seeing flash by on your TV and movie screens ? Guess what ? Yes, the grand majority of them are done in After Effects. Please see the new title sequence for Episode 2: No Reflection and tell me what you think. It took me close to a month just to figure out how to make this ! Knowledge comes at a price. Next, I have to teach myself how to manipulate some of the live action sequences we shot for Ep 2 and add layers of stuff which is not in the original video and digitally composite multiple layers of moving effects to fly in perfect sync with the actors ! (Not an easy feat !) The production grinds on, and so do I with it.

Later,

MJ


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Mark looks great ! Cant wait to see the result of the incredibly hard work you re doing...thank you :)

David...:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouraging words David :-) ! I sure do appreciate and need them ! :-)

MJ