Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm Not Dead & Neither is This Production !

Hi Friends. As the above title states, I'm breathing, and I've been packing for our move to The West Island on July 1st. The visual effects for Ep 2 are proving to be a very serious obstacle ( a terrible nightmare in fact !), but not one which will end this production ! However, this is what's holding everything up ! The episode re-edit is almost completed, along with the music, but the effects are not ready. I had another professional editor working with me who said he could do something with the only two shots I gave him - well guess what ? The guy didn't deliver ! After one freaking year, this guy wasted my time. As far as I'm concerned, the guy should pay me for the unreasonable delays ! I think it was more of a case of this editor thinking he could do a good job, but when it turned out the effects were just too complicated, he decided to ignored me - hoping I'd go away. I think this guy was concerned about his reputation because he didn't want to admit he couldn't do something with material another client brought him ! Instead of the guy just coming out and telling me to go somewhere else, like a fool, I patiently waited for him to complete the work instead of heading out in search of someone else, and now here we are ! I'm stuck dead in the water with an episode I simply cannot complete without the visual effects shots I need ! So now I'm going to have to go off in search of someone somewhere (Who are these people ???), who can take on all of the post effects work. The effects work is almost like making another completely different movie ! I seriously miscalculated the complexity of the visual effects in this Episode, and painted myself into a tight corner. Oh yes ! - I'll get out eventually ! - But at what cost ! - Actually, I know that to the penny, but we won't go there.

Later

MJ

The great news is the re-edit made Ep 2 a much, much better movie. I'm sure this comes as small consolation to all of you who are still waiting to see the thing !

No comments: