Thursday, March 25, 2010

Entire Re-Edit Process

Actors Allan Fine, Jennifer Baltuonis, and Please Stand
By Production Line Producer Tanya Nibbering

So far I have re-cut 14 minutes of what will be a 43 minute and thirty second episode (43:30 - One hour without the commercial advertising). Perhaps the one great advantage of losing your original movie edit, is the chance to do a better job than you did the first time around. I am pleased to report I think things look and flow even better now versus what I had before in the original edit. I have finally completed and edited the proper opening sequence with all of the required advanced time lapse clips required for this episode. I find one must not be too in love or addicted to one's own work when you are in the editing process. I have been quite ruthless in this respect, and I think it will pay off big time in the final product. Well, it's back to editing for yours truly now.

Later,

MJ


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear things are going well, again thank you for all the hard work, Im sure it will be Great!

Bry...

Anonymous said...

Just because Mark's hardware crapped out, it doesn't mean you have to be so insulting. If you bailed from the project, why are you back here reading his blog?

Hang in Mark, it may be a long road back but I know you'll get it done.

Ron Z.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ron for your encouraging words. Obviously. I have manged to violate some past participant's expectation sets - This is to be expected when you run into the levels of post production problems I have. I will finish Episode 2. Now I am in the middle of a move across town, so everything goes down for several weeks until I'm plugged in and re-connected at our new place.

MJ

allan said...

gi normous isnt even a real word..what a ultramaroon!
heyy,,i didnt realize bailing was an option.didnt we sign something?
since ive already given up all hope anything that comes of this will be a bonus so dont worry,be happy. and mr demille..im STILL ready for that frickin close up!